Our Strategy‘Growing, Creating and Delivering a Thriving Future for Stockport’
Central to the work of the Economic Alliance is contributing to the development of an Economic Plan for the Borough. This will be an ambitious economic growth plan for the decade, which reflects the aspirations and potential of Stockport, as set out in the recently published One Stockport Borough Plan and addresses the challenges of economic recovery from the impacts of the pandemic.
Stockport Economic Alliance has a key role to play in helping create the right conditions for economic and employment growth and to help achieve this, our work centres on:
- Identifying and implementing actions to ensure that the Economic Plan is relevant and has a positive impact on the local economy
- Setting the agenda for future activity to be included within the Economic Plan
- Representing the needs and concerns of the local business community in matters of strategic importance
- Developing a response to changes in the local, regional and sub-regional economy/business environment which may have an impact on Stockport
- Contributing to consultation on key issues relating to the economic and physical regeneration of Stockport